TIPS TO STOP HAIR LOSS
TIPS TO STOP HAIR LOSS – “Is hair loss a symptom of Covid?” The answer is no. The truth is that if you are sorrowful from hair loss, there is a high probability that the stress accompanying the global pandemic is the cause. Stress is the second leading cause of hair loss after genetics.
HAIR LIFE CYCLE
Hair has a three-phase life cycle:
1 Anagen is the period of hair growth; this phase, if the hair is in good condition, can last from 2 to 6 years. When the hair falls a lot, it is because this phase is shorter.
2 Catagen is a transition period that lasts two to three weeks. In this phase, hair growth stops; it is a resting phase.
3 Telogen is the last phase of the life of the hair; loss or fall occurs.
CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS
- The most frequent causes: are the rhythm of life, stress, and seasonal changes such as spring and autumn. But physiological factors such as menopause or postpartum can also influence. In addition to thyroid disorders, diabetes…
- Another cause can be the use of medications; these can cause alopecia, for example:
- Albendazole, Allopurinol, Amiodarone, Androgens, Anticoagulants, Oral contraceptives, Amphetamines, Valproic Acid, Antithyroids,
- Benzafibrates, bromocriptine, Captopril, Carbamazepine, Cytostatics, Colchicine.
- Fenofibrates, Fluoxetine, Gentamicin, Ibuprofen, Indomethacin, Interferons, Isoniazid.
- Levodopa, Lithium, Mesalazine, Methyldopa, Methysergide, Metoprolol, Nadolol, and Retinoids.
TYPES OF ALOPECIA
Alopecia can be irreversible (or scarring); this means that the hair follicle (duct through which hair is born) is destroyed, and it occurs with burns, tumours, infections, and scars…
B Reversible alopecia will be non-scarring. The hair follicle is temporarily altered. We can distinguish several subtypes of this type:
- Androgenic Alopecia( AGA ) is the most frequent in men and women.
- Telogen effluvium, produced by contraceptives, diet, postpartum, chemotherapy
- Alopecia Areata usually appears in plaques.
- Traumatic alopecia due to trauma such as hair bands, irons, people who pull their hair…
TREATMENTS WE FOUND (WITHOUT A PRESCRIPTION)
Non-prescription term pharmaceutical treatment focuses on stopping hair loss, strengthening existing hair and prolonging the life of hair follicles. The moment a hair follicle is lost, it cannot be recovered.
To Shampoo. They must have an acidic pH (pH=5), which removes dirt from the hair and scalp without damaging the cuticle. Shampoo should be chosen according to the hair type, condition and needs.
B Masks, Conditioners. They can be done with or without rinsing; their function is to counteract dehumidification and static electricity, restore the natural pH, and form a protective film. We can see include balms.
C Lotions and Ampoules. These active ingredients are expensive because their formulation has to make them capable of reaching the follicle sufficiently. And the scalp has negligible permeability; for this, vectors and vehicles with alcoholic or aqueous solvents are used.
D Nutricosmeticsor is the same oral supplement. The nutritional requirements of the hair are very high. Therefore a healthy and balanced diet is always required. Any imbalance, be it stress, tiredness, ageing, malabsorption of nutrients or demanding diets, requires an additional supply of amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and plant extracts… Its way of acting is that it reaches the hair follicle through the bloodstream; in this way, the Micronutrients reactivate the hair bulb.
TREATMENTS WE FOUND (WITH MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION)
Minoxidil is a pharmacological treatment that the doctor prescribes; it is usually in concentrations of 2 to 5%. You have to be very constant, and it has as against that when stopping treatment after three months, there is typically a relapse. If Minoxidil is prescribed as a magisterial formulation, it has the disadvantage that it can precipitate so that it can be dissolved again, since otherwise, it can irritate the scalp.
B Finasteride, orally and the duration of treatment is usually 3 to 6 months.
WHAT INGREDIENTS SHOULD WE USE IN OUR PRODUCTS?
- Those that STIMULATE the metabolism of the hair follicle and favour the duration of the hair growth phase (anagen), such as minerals, vitamins, amino acids, and plant extracts…
- Among those that INCREASE blood flow to the follicle (or microcirculation of the scalp), we can find ginkgo Biloba, arnica Montana, camphor, and pentoxifylline (0.2%)…
- DECREASE fat in the hair follicle, nettle root, brewer’s yeast…
- INHIBITORS OF 5 ALPHA REDUCTASE, sabal serrulata, pigeon africanum…
- AMINEXIL® stops hair loss, and STEMOXIDINA® manages to repopulate the hair follicle.
- What do I choose? Shampoo, ampoules or capsules? The three together can be; they are not exclusive.
- I have read that anti-hair loss shampoos are useless. Is it true? The shampoos are in contact with our scalp for a short time; they are coadjuvants of an anti-loss treatment. We recommend that you use it since proper scalp hygiene is necessary to prevent hair loss, and as we have seen, excess sebum causes hair loss.
- How long does it take to see results? It takes an average of 3 months to see results and 6 for a noticeable improvement.
Leave a Reply