This is the best time to train and lose weight – If you plan to start running, there are several keys that you should keep in mind. First, what is the best time of day to train, because the results will depend on it? What is the best time to play sports and get in shape? Based on the fact that what is essential is to achieve a habit that includes exercising regularly as part of our healthy routines, the truth is that the issue of when to do it and at what time of day is it more effective to wear sports shoes is one of the most debated. In the morning? At dusk? Just before we go to sleep?…
Many studies have dealt with the subject; two scientific papers were carried out in the United States and Israel. And, to our surprise, with very different fallouts.
What is the best time for daily training?
The first investigation, carried out by the University of California at Irvine (USA), ensures that the best time to work out is in the morning, just as rapidly as we get out of bed. According to this study, it is the best way to speed up our metabolism, lift our spirits, and reduce stress since preliminary the day with some sport will make us generate dopamine, serotonin and endorphins, the happiness hormones that will help us. To feel respected for the rest of the day.
But what if you’re too lazy to become out of bed to train?
Blame away because scientists from Israel’s Weizmann Institute of Science come to the rescue. According to their studies, the best time to play sports is in the late afternoon and early evening. In his opinion, when physical activity is more efficient because oxygen consumption is lower, and we have more strength and endurance. Body temperature is somewhat higher, which causes the body to burn more calories.
Sticking to the above, both times of the day have their advantages and drawbacks. And, in any case, the best time will always be the one that allows you to achieve a routine because it will depend on whether you integrate sport into your life. “Some people get up very active and like to train before starting the work day. Others take advantage of the midday stop to escape to the gym. Some prefer to exercise late in the afternoon, to release the stress of the day and disconnect”, explains the trainer Cesc Escolà, author of the book ‘Much more than fitness’.”If you don’t know which group you belong to, try different schedules until you find yours. Be that as it may, the important thing is that you find it pleasant,” he says. Because as research
shows both morning and evening workouts have advantages; you have to decide which ones are best for you.
Is it better to train in the pre-launch?
- It helps to establish a routine because training first thing in the morning leaves no room for “lack of time” excuses; in the afternoon, the obligations accumulate.
- It improves the sleep cycle. Getting up early can be difficult, but if you get into the habit, the circadian rhythm is favoured, which makes the body alert in the morning and tired at night, which will help us sleep better and this will help us gain muscle.
- Burn more fat. Training fasted burns more fat than training after a meal because the body uses fat stores to exercise. Studies also ensure that post-exercise calorie burning is higher when done in the morning, which helps to lose weight.
- Increase energy. Exercising as soon as we get up activates us and makes us alert. And in addition, it favours concentration.
- Improves mood. As we said, the endorphins and happy hormones secreted make us feel good and lively long after exercising.
Five reasons to train in the afternoon
- Physical performance is better. According to the latest research, those who exercise at night take up to 20% longer to reach the point of exhaustion. Muscle strength, flexibility, and endurance are better at night than in the morning.
- Less heating is needed. The body “warms up” throughout the day, so it takes less time to reach the optimal training pace.
- Hormones help you, especially in the case of men, who produce more testosterone in evening workouts than in morning ones, which increases their strength.
- Relieves stress. Exercising at night helps to get rid of the worries of the day. The endorphins produced by sports will make us go to bed much more relaxed.
- Promotes healthy habits—neither lying down, television, or straw at the end of the working day. Getting into the routine of going to the gym in the afternoon replaces those habits with much healthier ones.
Leave a Reply