Fitness Write For Us – The secret to knowing if lifting weights every day is good or bad is to listen to your body . Every day is different: rest, food, work, stress and accumulated training are factors that will influence the state of your muscles. When you feel especially exhausted, with aches and pains several days of the week, it will mean that the body asks you for a breather.
Is it good or bad to lift weights every day? Exercise with weights on a daily basis ends up leading to muscle fatigue . Therefore, it is not advisable. The chances of suffering a muscle microtear or a more severe injury increase as you accumulate training of this type.
Therefore, it is convenient to give a margin of rest between workouts of each muscle group and avoid forcing them every day. Many people believe that in this way they will speed up the process and will be able to develop muscles sooner, but quite the opposite: they will have more physical problems .
If you want to know more about muscle fatigue during exercise, we recommend this other article in which we respond to Is it
How numerous days a week can you lift weights?
If strength training on a daily basis is not recommended, then how many days a week is it good to do weights? To resolve your doubts, it is important to save in mind that a minimum of 48 hours of rest between sessions is needed for each muscle group to recover from the effort made.
Contemplating the 48 hours of rest, as a general rule, 3 days a week are established as the ideal frequency to do weights. On those days, you will have to train the main muscle groups of the body with exercises of all kinds: bench press, squats, and others that involve the legs, shoulders, and back.
If you have done a very intense strength training session on any of the 3 days a week, your muscles will need a little more leeway to recover from that effort. In this case, leaving 72 hours of rest is a good decision and the body will appreciate it.
On recovery days, bet on other exercises or activities such as running, yoga, walking or Pilates. In this way, you will improve performance in the following strength training sessions: the blood will flow, providing more nutrients and oxygen to the previously exercised muscles.
Tips for doing weights correctly
After knowing that it is not good to do weights every day, you should know that it will not be good to exercise with them if it is not done properly. So how do you lift weights correctly ? Here are some tips for lifting weights without the risk of injury:
- Divide the training sessionby muscle groups to exercise frequently and respect the rest times of all muscles.
- When you feel muscle fatigue even with the stipulated breaks, perform a couple of repetitions or exercises lessfor each session to give the body a breather and strengthen it progressively.
- Investigate which weights are the most suitablefor your physical condition and the training session you want to do. Fixed ones are the best for intense exercise. For their part, adjustable dumbbells allow you to change the weights, but force you to constantly change the discs, preventing you from going from one exercise to another quickly.
- Make progressive efforts, with complete and wide movements.
- Work all the large muscle groupsin each workout, that is, both legs, back and chest. Focusing exclusively on one area like the abs will be detrimental and will prevent you from achieving your goal.
Is it bad to exercise your arms every day?
The muscles of the arms need the same rest as the rest of the muscle groups, so it is not convenient to exercise them daily . If you want to strengthen them, you should give them rest and vary the exercises.
The exercises to get muscles in the arms can be with weights, but also with other varied exercises during the week. This combination will allow you to build muscle without the risk of overexertion and injury.
Some of the alternative arm exercises that can be combined with weights are the following:
- Step climbers: use a step, sofa or chair for support. The higher it is, the harder the exercise will be. Stretch the body, changing the support of each hand every 10 or 15 seconds. Try to have the core active throughout the exercise without allowing the glutes to rise excessively.
- Arm Scissors: Stand up straight with your arms stretched out in front of you. Later, you open them to each side and close them by putting one on top of the other. Alternate the location of each arm (down and up) when you close, repeating the movement for 30 seconds.
- Jump Rope No Rope– Pretend you are jumping rope with full arm movements. Take 30 second breaks between
- repetitions. And of course, if you have a rope, you can use it.
Likewise, You can submit your articles at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Submit Your Fitness Articles (Fitness Write For Us)?
That is to say, To submit your article at www.glamourgenix.com, mail us at email@example.com
Why Write for Glamour Genix – Fitness Write For Us
Fitness Write For Us
That is to say, here at Glamour Genix, we publish well-researched, informative, and unique articles. In addition, we also cover reports related to:
World Health Organization
Guidelines of the Article – Fitness Write For Us